Half-day London photography workshops for individuals
Learn the essential street photography techniques in one of the world’s most exciting cities! This is a bespoke, private workshop, where you get the full attention of a highly experienced professional photographer for a morning, afternoon or evening. We have availability throughout 2017 for half-day workshops for individuals or small groups of family or friends. Please contact us to discuss your preferred dates.
- Half-day workshop: £375 for one to two people.
- This fee is for up to to people; if you would like to bring friends or family, follow the instructions at checkout, where you will have the option to add up to three additional people at a cost of £60 per person.
Your session can be in the morning (0930-1330), the afternoon (1400-1800) or evening (1630-2030).
Our itinerary is flexible and will be tailored to your needs and interests. We usually meet in a nice cafe for coffee and coaching on the essential street photography techniques before taking to the streets. The workshop will take us off the beaten track and will incorporate some of the lesser-known photographic ‘hot spots’ – with a flexible itinerary which will take account of your preferences. We will finish the day with a review of the workshop and a Q&A session over a drink in a comfortable bar or cafe.
Your private workshop will include:
- Around an hour’s tuition on the technical aspects of street photography: equipment, composition, exposure, light and focus.
- Learn how to spot a photo opportunity in an every day street scene.
- Conquer your fear of photographing strangers.
- Become invisible and shoot your environment quietly and unobtrusively.
- Learn a ‘standard set’ of camera settings that will liberate your photography, allowing you to shoot quickly and accurately in all situations.
- Learn some great travel photography techniques.
- Develop your confidence in shooting on the streets.
- Photograph safely in difficult situations or areas.
- The legal aspects of street photography.
Your Personal Tutor:
Your course leader for the day is Brian Lloyd Duckett, a well-known London photographer and professional street photographer. Prior to setting up a successful commercial and editorial photography business, Brian worked as a press and agency photographer on the streets on London. Brian teaches as a Visiting Lecturer on photography degree courses and is a member of the BPPA (British Press Photographers’ Association), the AOP (Association of Photographers) and the IFJ (International Federation of Journalists). He is a member of #Awakening, a collective of documentary photographers across Europe and also the founder of Street2020, a UK-based street photography collective.
Brian has a very relaxed yet informative teaching style and offers lots of individual, hands-on coaching. His latest book ‘Mastering Street Photography’, is published by Ammonite Press (2016) and is a comprehensive street photography manual. The book is the perfect accompaniment to the workshop and you will be offered the opportunity to purchase a signed copy when you check-out. If you don’t book a workshop place, you can still buy a copy HERE.