PRAGUE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
Group and one-to-one workshops available in 2019
Prague photography workshops – develop your skills in a magical location
The city of Prague in the Czech Republic is a charming and magical place. Experience the unique feel of a city with a rich and dark past and a vibrant modern culture where modern meets traditional in a most interesting and photogenic way.
You will be in a small group (maximum of 6 participants) and there will be ample opportunity for one-to-one discussion, tuition and mentoring.
Our Prague photography workshops incorporate elements of street, travel and documentary photography; we work on techniques for exposure, focusing and composition; learn how to spot an opportunity for a unique picture; discover how work with great light and become a master of it; build your confidence as a street photographer; perfect your digital workflow. Most of all, you will discover new ways of telling the story of your travels through great images. We will be doing lots of structured shooting and you will receive coaching, mentoring and constant feedback from your course leader, Brian Lloyd Duckett.
Your workshop will be immersive, inspiring and great fun. The experience will challenge you, stretch you and will elevate your photography.
For individuals and up to three additional guests, this is a bespoke workshop over one, two or three full days. Your workshop will be tailored to your specific interests and learning objectives but is likely to include the following core elements:
- Coaching on how to develop your own style as a photographer and how to conceive and undertake ‘projects’.
- Learn how to spot a photo opportunity in an every day street scene.
- Understand the components of a great street or travel image.
- Understand how to use lighting conditions to your advantage.
- Work with shadows, silhouettes and ever-changing light.
- Conquer your fear of photographing strangers.
- Become invisible and shoot your environment quietly and unobtrusively.
- Get to grips with the technical aspects of street and travel photography: equipment, composition, exposure, light and focus.
- Discover how a pro street photographer sets up his camera to enable fast and accurate shooting.
- Learn how zone focusing can speed up your work and make you more effective as a street photographer.
- Understand some of the key legal and ethical aspects of photographing in public places.
- Shooting at an iconic Prague location at either dawn or dusk.
One-to-one workshops in Prague
Dates available for 1, 2 or 3 day workshops throughout 2019