3-Day Venice photography workshops – for individuals or small groups
This 3-day Venice photography workshop is for individuals or small groups of family or friends (up to four people – additional people welcome for a small additional charge). We explore techniques for exposure, focusing and composition; learning how to spot an opportunity for a unique picture; building your confidence as a street photographer; story telling; digital workflow; sharing or marketing your work. Most of all, you will discover new ways of telling the story of your travels through great images. We will be doing some structured shooting you will receive lots of individual coaching from your course leader, Brian Lloyd Duckett.
These workshops can be arranged throughout the year – please contact us to arrange your date.
A tailored itinerary
Your workshop will be tailored to your specific interests and learning requirements; we will discuss your objectives well in advance of your workshop and will agree a bespoke itinerary. This is likely to include the following core elements:
- Coaching on how to develop your own style as a photographer and how to conceive and undertake ‘projects’.
- Learn how to spot a photo opportunity in an every day street scene.
- Understand how to work with light in a variety of lighting conditions
- Understand the components of a great street or travel image.
- Conquer your fear of photographing strangers.
- Become invisible and shoot your environment quietly and unobtrusively.
- Get to grips with the technical aspects of street and travel photography: equipment, composition, exposure and focus.
- Discover how a pro street photographer sets up his camera to enable fast and accurate shooting.
- Learn how zone focusing can speed up your work and make you more effective as a street photographer.
- Understand some of the key legal and ethical aspects of photographing in public places.
Your course leader for the day is Brian Lloyd Duckett, a well-known London photographer and professional street photographer. Prior to setting up a successful commercial and editorial photography business, he worked as a press and agency photographer on the streets on London. Brian teaches as a Visiting Lecturer on photography degree courses and is a board member of the BPPA (British Press Photographers’ Association). Brian has been photographing Venice for many years and knows the city well.