Learn the essential street photography techniques with a professional street photographer. This is a bespoke, private workshop, where you get the full attention of a highly experienced professional photographer for a full day. I have availability throughout 2020 and 2021 for full-day workshops for individuals or small groups of family or friends (up to three people are included in the price – additional people may participate for an additional £60 per person). Please contact Brian to discuss your preferred dates.
Our itinerary is flexible and will be tailored to your needs and interests. We usually meet in a nice cafe for coffee and coaching in the essential street photography techniques before taking to the streets. The workshop will take us off the beaten track and will incorporate some of the lesser-known photographic ‘hot spots’ – with a flexible itinerary which will take account of your preferences. We will finish the day with a review of the workshop and a Q&A session over a drink in a comfortable bar or cafe.
Your private workshop will include:
- Around an hour’s tuition on the technical aspects of street photography: styles, approaches, equipment, composition, exposure, light and focus.
- Learn how to spot a photo opportunity in an every day street scene.
- Discover the different styles and approaches to street photography and find one which works for you.
- Conquer your fear of street photography.
- Become invisible and shoot your environment quietly and unobtrusively.
- Learn a ‘standard set’ of camera settings that will liberate your photography, allowing you to shoot quickly and accurately in all situations.
- Learn some great travel photography techniques.
- Develop your confidence in shooting on the streets.
- Photograph safely in difficult situations or areas.
- The legal and ethical aspects of street photography.
- Coaching in how to develop your own projects.
- Follow-up with critique after the event.
Your Personal Tutor:
Your course leader for the day is Brian Lloyd Duckett, a well-known London photographer and professional street photographer. Prior to setting up a successful commercial and editorial photography business, Brian worked as a press and agency photographer on the streets on London. Brian teaches as a Visiting Lecturer on photography degree courses and is a member of the BPPA (British Press Photographers’ Association). His work is published widely in photographic, travel and current affairs magazines.
Brian has a relaxed, engaging and informative teaching style and offers in-depth, hands-on coaching. His books ‘Mastering Street Photography’ and ’52 Assignments: Street Photography’ are both best-selling street photography books and are published by Ammonite Press (you can purchase copies HERE).