Learn the essential street photography techniques with a professional street photographer. This is a bespoke, private workshop, where you get the full attention of a highly experienced professional photographer for a full day. This is a full-day documentary and/or street photography workshop for individuals or small groups of family or friends (up to three people are included in the price – additional people may participate for an additional £60 per person).
Our itinerary is flexible and will be tailored to your needs and interests. We usually meet in a nice cafe for coffee and coaching in the essential street photography techniques before taking to the streets. The workshop will take us off the beaten track and will incorporate some of the lesser-known photographic ‘hot spots’ – with a flexible itinerary which will take account of your preferences. We will finish the day with a review of the workshop and a Q&A session over a drink in a comfortable bar or cafe.
Your private workshop will include:
- Around an hour’s tuition on the technical aspects of street photography: styles, approaches, equipment, composition, exposure, light and focus.
- Learn how to spot a photo opportunity in an every day street scene.
- Discover the different styles and approaches to street photography and find one which works for you.
- Conquer your fear of street photography.
- Become invisible and shoot your environment quietly and unobtrusively.
- Learn a ‘standard set’ of camera settings that will liberate your photography, allowing you to shoot quickly and accurately in all situations.
- Learn some great travel photography techniques.
- Develop your confidence in shooting on the streets.
- Photograph safely in difficult situations or areas.
- The legal and ethical aspects of street photography.
- Coaching in how to develop your own projects.
- Follow-up with critique after the event.
Your Personal Tutor:
With a background in photojournalism, Brian Lloyd Duckett is a London-based documentary photographer and professional street photographer. He taught as a visiting lecturer on photography degree courses and is a board member of the BPPA (British Press Photographers’ Association). He is an Official Fujifilm X-Photographer (ambassador). You can see some of his personal work here.
Brian has a relaxed and engaging teaching style and offers lots of individual, hands-on coaching. His first two books, ‘Mastering Street Photography’ and ’52 Assignments: Street Photography’, are published by Ammonite Press and have become best-sellers. You can also see Brian’s street photography education videos on YouTube here.