1-to-1 Lisbon street photography workshop
This full-day Lisbon street photography workshop is for individuals or small groups of family or friends (up to three people – additional people welcome for a small additional charge). We explore techniques for exposure, focusing and composition; learning how to spot an opportunity for a unique picture; building your confidence as a street photographer; story telling; digital workflow; sharing or marketing your work. Most of all, you will discover new ways of telling the story of your travels through great images. We will be doing some structured shooting you will receive lots of individual coaching from your course leader, Brian Lloyd Duckett.
A tailored itinerary
Before the workshop will will discuss your requirements and will develop an itinerary accordingly. During our time together, we could cover topics such as:
- Develop your own style as a photographer and how to conceive and undertake ‘projects’
- Learn how to spot a photo opportunity in an everyday street scene
- Understand the components of a great street or travel image
- Understand how to use lighting conditions to your advantage
- Work with shadows, silhouettes and ever-changing light
- Conquer your fear of photographing strangers
- Become invisible and shoot your environment quietly and unobtrusively
- Get to grips with the technical aspects of street and travel photography: equipment, composition, exposure, light and focus
- Discover how a professional documentary photographer sets up his camera to enable fast and accurate shooting
- Understand some of the key legal and ethical aspects of photographing in public places
You will work on one assignment during your workshop, developing a project with a strong narrative. We will be doing lots of structured shooting and you will receive coaching, mentoring and constant feedback from your course leader, Brian Lloyd Duckett.
Your workshop will be immersive, inspiring and great fun. The experience will challenge you, stretch you and will elevate your photography.
Your course leader for the day is Brian Lloyd Duckett, a well-known London photographer and professional street photographer. Prior to setting up a successful commercial and editorial photography business, he worked as a press and agency photographer on the streets on London. Brian teaches as a Visiting Lecturer on photography degree courses and is a member of the BPPA (British Press Photographers’ Association), the AOP (Association of Photographers) and the IFJ (International Federation of Journalists). He is a member of #Awakening, a collective of documentary photographers across Europe.
Brian has a very relaxed yet informative teaching style and offers lots of individual, hands-on coaching. His first book, ‘Mastering Street Photography’, is published by Ammonite Press (2016) and is a comprehensive street photography manual. The book is the perfect accompaniment to the workshop and you will be offered the opportunity to purchase a signed copy when you check-out. If you don’t book a workshop place, you can still buy a copy HERE.