Learn the essential street photography techniques with a professional street photographer. This is a bespoke, private workshop, where you get the full attention of a highly experienced professional photographer for 3 full days. I have availability throughout 2020 and 2021 for workshops for individuals or small groups of family or friends.
This workshop takes place over three consecutive days. Our itinerary is flexible and will be tailored to your needs and interests. The workshop starts with a morning of intensive coaching in the essential street photography techniques. We will use some interesting parts of London to practice a variety of styles of street shooting – with a flexible itinerary which will take account of your preferences. We will finish each day with a review of the workshop and a Q&A session over a drink in a comfortable bar or cafe.
Your private workshop will include:
- 1/2 day ‘classroom’ session on the technical aspects of street photography: styles, approaches, equipment, composition, exposure, light and focus.
- Learn how to spot a photo opportunity in an every day street scene.
- Discover the different styles and approaches to street photography and find one which works for you.
- Conquer your fear of street photography.
- Become invisible and shoot your environment quietly and unobtrusively.
- Learn to control your camera in a way which will liberate your photography, allowing you to shoot quickly and accurately in all situations.
- Learn some great travel photography techniques.
- Develop your confidence in shooting on the streets.
- Photograph safely in difficult situations or areas.
- The legal and ethical aspects of street photography.
- Coaching in how to develop your own projects – with a action plan for your future development.
- Advice on publishing and marketing your work.
- Final critique session – a frank review of the week’s images.
- Follow-up with critique after the event.
Your Personal Tutor:
Your course leader for the day is Brian Lloyd Duckett, a well-known London photographer and professional street photographer. Prior to setting up a successful commercial and editorial photography business, Brian worked as a press and agency photographer on the streets on London. Brian teaches as a Visiting Lecturer on photography degree courses and is a member of the BPPA (British Press Photographers’ Association). His work is published widely in photographic, travel and current affairs magazines.
Brian has a relaxed, engaging and informative teaching style and offers in-depth, hands-on coaching. His books ‘Mastering Street Photography’ and ’52 Assignments: Street Photography’ are both best-selling street photography books and are published by Ammonite Press (you can purchase copies HERE).