Street photography talks & lectures
For camera clubs, photographic societies and student groups
Thank you so much for your talk yesterday evening. It was really enjoyable and I have never known a speaker create so much reaction from our members. There have been a lot of emails saying how inspirational you were and how fantastic they found your talk.
Street photography talks & lectures for camera clubs
A street photography lecturer
Brian Lloyd Duckett, is a lively, witty and engaging speaker and lecturer who works with camera clubs and photographic societies across the UK. In talks lasting from 30 minutes to two hours, Brian will cover a range of subjects which may include:
- Finding and developing your style as a street photographer
- How to use ‘projects’ to stay focused and motivated
- 10 tips to make you a better street photographer
- Techniques to use in the field
- The legal aspects of street photography
- Sharing your work
Brian is a full-time professional street photographer who has written two best-selling street photography books and who is a Fujifilm ambassador. He runs 60-70 street photography workshops every year.
During ‘lockdown’ periods, virtual talks can be arranged using Zoom.
Members are invited to submit a number of images which will be the subject of group discussion and candid feedback and critique.
Brian is also an experienced judge and critic and will provide refreshingly candid feedback and constructive critique to club members.
Workshops for camera clubs
We are pleased to offer bespoke workshops and short courses to clubs and societies, in London and around the UK. We will create a bespoke programme for your members, tailored to their interests and their level of expertise. We can run workshops for up to 8 members – anywhere in the UK. Please contact us to discuss dates and costs.
For colleges and universities
As well as delivering engaging lectures on street photography, Brian advises students on career choices, helping them make that crucial first career break. Topics include:
- Entering the job market: how to produce a ‘killer’ CV
- How to make an effective approach potential employers for internships or assisting roles
- What employers are looking for and how to meet their needs
- How to stand out from the crowd – your USPs
- Going it alone: the 10 things you need to know to succeed