Join us in the home city of Henri Cartier-Bresson! This Paris street photography workshop will focus on street photography, but will also include elements of travel and documentary photography – with an emphasis on producing creative images which reflect real life in this amazing city. You will discover new ways of telling the story of your travels through great images. We will be doing lots of structured shooting and you will receive coaching, mentoring and constant feedback from your course leader, Brian Lloyd Duckett. Two full days – 25-26th April.
In a small group (maximum of 6 participants), we will explore the city’s photographic ‘hot spots’ and learn how to shoot striking, compelling and witty images with a professional street photographer and photojournalist. We will spend time exploring and photographing the new Paris and the old Paris, perhaps trying to re-trace some the footsteps of the legendary Cartier-Bresson. You will learn how to . . .
- Develop your own style as a photographer and learn how to conceive and undertake projects
- Find your unique photographic ‘voice’ and discover an approach that works for you
- Use creative techniques for exposure, focus and composition
- Become invisible and shoot your environment quietly and unobtrusively
- Maximise the potential of your camera when photographing buildings and urban landscapes
- Conquer your fear of photographing strangers and shoot the streets in a confident, relaxed style
- Spot opportunities in everyday scenes
- Shoot striking abstracts
- Understand and work with great light
- Build your confidence as a street photographer
- Tell the story of your travels through striking images
On the Friday evening before the workshop, we will meet for a relaxed, informal meal where we get to know each other and understand each others’ objectives. This is entirely optional (food & drinks not included).
This 2-day workshop costs £465. We find that most people prefer to organise their own accommodation and flights; accommodation is plentiful and often good value and plentiful (we usually use AirBnB) and budget airlines fly to Paris from most UK airports. Please let us know if you need any advice regarding your arrangements – we’re happy to help. You are advised to take out travel insurance prior to your trip.
This is an intermediate level workshop, ideal for those with a reasonable knowledge of basic photographic principles such as exposure and focusing. However, as the group is so small, there’s plenty of opportunity for individual coaching throughout the weekend.
Please click here for further details and booing info.